Valentine’s Day is coming up and what better way to celebrate than with these adorable Chocolate ‘Lovebug’ Cupcakes! Enjoy!
active 15 min total 25 min (plus decorating)
makes 24 mini cupcakes
cost per cupcake 27￠
- Mini paper liners
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa (not Dutch-processed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Icing and decorations
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a 24-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy, then whisk in the oil and vanilla. Add the egg white mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate.
- Divide the batter among the lined muffin cups and bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool on wire racks. Decorate as desired.
Per cupcake 99 cal, 2 g fat (0 g sat fat), 0 mg chol, 51 mg sod, 1 g pro, 18 g car, 0 g fiber
Thanks to Woman’s Day for sharing the recipe with me. You can find this recipe and more delicious Valentine’s Day treats at WomansDay.com and in their magazine. (Image courtesy of: Kat Teutsch)