Jar Of Wisdom And Love For A Graduate

Pinterest

Graduation season is just around the corner which means that many are busy planning parties to celebrate their graduate. There are a number of things to think about, from the food you’ll serve to the decor you’ll have to the gift you’ll give. Today I wanted to share an idea I had that is perfect for graduation parties but also doubles as a gift for your graduate.

I created a Graduation Jar of Wisdom & Love. This jar can be set out on a table at the party for guests to leave words of wisdom and love for the graduate. It’s simple to make, too! Just get a large jar and decorate it with ribbon or scrapbook stickers. Leave pieces of card stock, washi tape and a pen on the table with a sign asking your guests to leave their words of wisdom and love. When they are done writing their note on the card they can roll it up and wrap tape around it.

Once the party is over you can put the lid on the jar and present it to your graduate. You could also roll up dollar bills and add them to the jar before you give it to the graduate (if you were planning on giving them money anyways). Your child will love all the advice and kind words from their friends and family members and will appreciate this gift for years to come!

What words of wisdom would you give someone graduating junior high, high school or college?

Share and Enjoy

Comments

1. That is the cutest idea ever! I will definitely be doing this for my kids when they graduate.

2. Meagan says:

I love this idea! What a great gift that the grad can keep forever!

3. Jeanette says:

I think I am going to steal this when my son graduates! This is such a good idea! I love it!

4. Marcie W. says:

This is such a sweet gift idea for any graduate and the wisdom can easily be customized based on age. Something so thoughtful really adds a fantastic personal touch!

5. My daughter isn’t quite there yet but this is such a cute idea I need to do for her!

6. I love this idea! What a great gift for a grad!! Such a great idea!

7. That’s pretty neat. I think the best thing that I got for graduation was advice. This is a neat way to give advice to the graduate in my family.

8. Jeni Hawkins says:

This is such a great idea for a graduate. Any bit of encouragement is much needed.

9. Melissa says:

I have a daughter in High School so I have to start thinking about graduation next year. I love that keepsake of wisdom and may borrow the idea.

10. Pam W says:

This is such a fun idea for a graduation gift. It’ll be a while before we have another graduate in the family but I will keep this in mind.

11. Tara says:

Passing along words of wisdom is a fantastic idea. I will have to remember this when my daughter graduates.

12. It’s amazing sometimes, once a kid graduates, what people will finally confess and advise to a graduate. Super gift idea.

13. Emma Kelley says:

That’s a great idea! I love it. I used to made a same thing when I was young, of course.
    I and my best friend wrote something for ourself in future when we started high school and then we opened when we graduated.