I was so excited when Peeps reached out to me to participate in their online advent calendar and asked me to create a recipe using PEEPS from their holiday line. I love that PEEPS have expanded past their status as an Easter treat and was excited to bake with them. PEEPS sent me their Candy Cane flavored PEEPS that were dipped in chocolate. I decided to make cake pops with them and love how they turned out!
Here’s the recipe to make these Chocolate Candy Cane flavored cake pops!
Yield: 30 Cake Pops
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix and any ingredients required (water, eggs, oil, etc)
- 2 bags of candy melts
- 6 PEEPS
- container of chocolate frosting
- lollipop sticks
- candy canes or sprinkles (optional)
- Piece of styrofoam
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions and let cool
- Once cool use your hands to crumble cake into bowl
- Cut 6 PEEPS into small pieces
- Add PEEPS pieces and container of frosting to crumbled cake and stir together
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls
- Melt about 15 candy melts and dip one end of lollipop sticks in frosting and then push into cake balls
- Place balls in freezer for 30 minutes to one hour to harden
- Melt ½ of the candy melts in a bowl and dip cake pops using the stick as a handle.
- When done with each cake pop stick the opposite end of the stick in the Styrofoam so that candy melt coating can harden. At this point add sprinkles or crushed candy cane if desired.
- Melt more candy melts as needed.
If you enjoyed this recipe make sure to follow along in December when PEEPS features 24 recipes (including mine) on their Facebook page. To find more PEEPS recipes, crafts and other fun holiday ideas visit www.Facebook.com/PeepsBrand/adventcalendar.
(Disclosure: As stated above, I recieved PEEPS to use in my recipe.)