If your honey loves guacamole, surprise him or her with this special version! This recipe would be perfect for a Valentine’s Day date night at home.
- 1 cup diced avocado (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 to 2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seeded, minced fresh Anaheim chili
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 grindings black pepper, or to taste
- 2 ounces cooked lobster meat, chopped
- Pickled ginger slices (gari) for garnishing
- Sesame rice crackers
1. In a medium, nonreactive bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, onion, and chili, and carefully mix together with a spoon.
2. Add the salt and several grindings of pepper, or to taste, mix gently, then fold in the lobster.
3. Serve in chilled, large martini glasses and garnish with a little of the pickled ginger on the rim of each glass. Or use other decorative bowls and garnish with a few pieces of ginger in the center of each serving. Accompany with the crackers.
(Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. Recipe and image were provided by Linda De Villers, Ph.D., author of Simple Sexy Food.)