I’ve been seeing lots of pictures in my Facebook feed of all my friends at the pumpkin patch with their kids and I can’t wait to go pick pumpkins with my boys this year. I thought it would be fun to make some pumpkin mini cakes to celebrate this wonderful time of year (and the fact that fall temps are coming to Chicago this week)!
- Box Cake Mix (any flavor) and ingredients needed to make the cake
- Frosting (any flavor)
- Tootsie Rolls
- Orange Colored Chocolate Candy Melts
- Make your cake mix according to the directions on the box and let cool.
- Crumble cake mix into a large bowl.
- Add in one can of frosting and stir together.
- Form into teaspoon size balls and place on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, melt candy melts according to the package.
- Using a fork, dip cake balls into the melted chocolate and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cut a tootsie roll in half and place on top of the cake ball in the middle.
I chose to use a Funfetti cake mix with Halloween sprinkles for my cake bites but you can make them with any cake mix you’d like. I think a pumpkin flavored cake mix would be fantastic in this recipe.